My 6 Point Back to Basics Commitment as Mayor
- A cap on rates to the CPI or less
- 2012/13 Budget - General rate income increased by 0.69%. CPI 1.3%. Previous Council proposed general rate increases of 4.5%. This is the lowest rate increase in Sth East Qld. Council Budget Highlights
Abolishing domestic tip fees
- Approved by Council 30 May 2012 (No tip fees as of 1 July 2012 - See full story here)
- Maintaining and better managing current population targets
Cutting bureaucratic red tape
- Council approved setting up a Redtape Taskforce on 30 May 2012 (See story here)
Controlling Council debt
- May 2013 - Council’s back to basics financial strategy given the tick of approval by Queensland Treasury Corporation (See media release here)
- Making Redland City Council processes more efficient, transparent and fair.
Latest Blog & Media Articles
Cr Williams said discussions with government officials from our sister city, Qinhuangdao, provided a timely opportunity for her to highlight our willingness to share Redland marine expertise in development slated for the Chinese seaside city.
18 Sep 2013 - (0) Comments - continue reading
Initiatives aimed at getting local youths involved in cleaning up graffiti is combining with a new vandalism tracking system to help Redland City Council fight vandalism across the city.
20 Aug 2013 - (0) Comments - continue reading
Redland City Council will hit its corporate greenhouse gas emissions target almost seven years ahead of schedule.
The Council pledged to cut its 1998 emissions by 25% by 2020 but on 7 August revealed it had already slashed emissions from its corporate building facilities and fleet by 24.9%.
13 Aug 2013 - (0) Comments - continue reading
Did you know that Council and State governments both control roads within Redland City? This often causes confusion on who is responsible for maintenance such as potholes, linemarking and traffic control signals on those roads.
02 Jul 2013 - (0) Comments - continue reading
Redland City Council’s new ‘buy local’ procurement policy comes into effect today (1 July 2013), giving primary status to suppliers with a Redland City business address.
01 Jul 2013 - (0) Comments - continue reading