My 6 Point Back to Basics Commitment as Mayor
- A cap on rates to the CPI or less
- 2012/13 Budget - General rate income increased by 0.69%. CPI 1.3%. Previous Council proposed general rate increases of 4.5%. This is the lowest rate increase in Sth East Qld. Council Budget Highlights
- Abolishing domestic tip fees
- Approved by Council 30 May 2012 (No tip fees as of 1 July 2012 - See full story here)
- Maintaining and better managing current population targets
- Cutting bureaucratic red tape
- Council approved setting up a Redtape Taskforce on 30 May 2012 (See story here)
- Controlling Council debt
- May 2013 - Council’s back to basics financial strategy given the tick of approval by Queensland Treasury Corporation (See media release here)
- Making Redland City Council processes more efficient, transparent and fair.
Latest Blog & Media Articles
Construction on a $12.8 million, state-of-the-art wastewater treatment plant on North Stradbroke Island will commence before the end of the year with leading Australian engineering contractor Downer Tenix appointed to build the plant.
31 Aug 2015 - (0) Comments - continue reading
More than 200 people attended the 13th annual Redland City Mayoral Prayer Breakfast at Wellington Point this morning to pray for the community and raise funds for school chaplaincy programs across the Redlands.
28 Aug 2015 - (0) Comments - continue reading
Redland City Council has ordered a report on how the power of community panels can best be harnessed to inform decision making.
27 Aug 2015 - (0) Comments - continue reading
Last week Cr Craig Ogilvie accused me of not doing enough to help the people of Stradbroke Island, who will be hurt by the premature closure of sand mining on the island. After being their local Councillor for over 11 years, he now demands that somebody else do something.
26 Aug 2015 - (2) Comments - continue reading
This weeks Council update includes information about my recent city-wide survey, a Commonwealth Games liaison committee, the Straddie transition from mining, Mayoral Prayer breakfast and repairs at Straddie Gorge.
17 Aug 2015 - (1) Comments - continue reading
This webpage is maintained and managed by Karen Williams and is not a Redland City Council resource. All contact details on this page are her personal details.
If you would rather forward an inquiry to Karen's official Council address then the details can be found via the Redland City Council website.
Our Council’s decisions can affect:
- Our work and lifestyle choices.
- Our personal welfare.
- The health of our local business.
- Where our children live and work.
- Our hip pocket.